by Dr Tim Pearce, MBChB BSc (hons) MRCGP, Clinical Director
SkinViva Training has recently carried out some market research among our delegates and contacts to find out their views on the industry and the role of training.
One of the latest bits of information to come out was regarding the importance of price as a factor in choosing a training course. Price was actually rated the LEAST important consideration for delegates choosing a BOTOX/fillers training provider for botulinum toxin and dermal filler procedures.
BOTOX/Dermal Fillers Training Prices
Perhaps some may consider this to be quite a surprising finding, considering that SkinViva Training courses start at £995. So not an inconsiderable sum of money. Yet our courses sell very quickly.
The conclusion is that price is really not the most important factor and some things in life are worth paying a bit more for.
So to illustrate that point, SkinViva Training courses may not be the cheapest, but the extra fee is due to LOTS of added value, such as:
- Courses are taught by our Aesthetic Clinicians – doctors and dentists with aesthetic treatment commitments too. These are busy professional people, so delegates are learning from the best
- Courses include lots of practical experience. For a provider, one person lecturing a room full of delegates is much cheaper than having mentors to teach and guide injecting – but practice is by far the best way to learn such techniques. That’s another reason why SkinViva Training costs a little more, but our delegates consider it worth paying for
- At SkinViva Training, delegates practice on real models. We’re not injecting oranges or mannequins but real people. What’s more, there’s no requirement to rope in family/friends to volunteer – we arrange models to ensure the right match of injector to treatments wanted
We’re glad our delegates agree that the extra is worth paying for.
We see a similar situation at SkinViva.
BOTOX/Dermal Fillers Treatment Prices
SkinViva is not the cheapest provider. We hear of other people offering lip filler for as little as £99. At SkinViva, this treatment is priced from £279. However, this is not at all a fair comparison against the equivalent procedure at SkinViva.
Due to the lack of regulation in the market, there is no control over who carries out non-surgical skin treatments. There are no minimum standards, no requirement for training or qualification and no controls. Equally with regard to the products, there are over 100 types of injectable filler available in the UK and it is fairly easy to acquire cheap injectable products from overseas. So SkinViva do not wish to compete on price, instead we want to ensure the highest possible clinical standards for our patients’ safety – both with regard to the practitioners carrying out treatment and the products used. So at SkinViva, our clients find:
- All treatments carried out by fully qualified medical professionals (doctors/dentists)
- All practitioners have completed additional, specialist training in aesthetic treatments
- Practitioner recruitment is personally managed by me (Dr Tim Pearce) based on my own experience in the industry
- We only use top brand filler products (from the Juvederm range by Allergan)
- We include free review appointments for anybody needing it
When it comes to delivering BOTOX injections and dermal fillers, the client’s welfare, safety and final results must come above any financial concern.
SkinViva and SkinViva Training will not compete on price, but delegates and clients alike know that we’re by no means the most expensive either. The philosophy is a fair price for an excellent service – a strategy that works because as research shows, price is the LEAST important factor in our industry.
Dr Tim Pearce, MBChB BSc (hons) MRCGP, Clinical Director
Non-Surgical Treatment News
You will also find further information and industry updates on our websites:
If you’d like to speak to one of the SkinViva team about having treatment, please call 0161 865 1141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For medical professional interested in training for aesthetic procedures, please call 0161 850 2491, email email@example.com.
For media or all other enquiries please call 0161 865 1141.